Happy National Volunteer Week! We are so thankful for the Hospital Auxiliary and all the work they do. The Hospital Auxiliary is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1958. Its members have helped the hospital by raising funds to purchase special equipment for patients, as well as fund renovations. The group also provides scholarships to Snyder students pursuing careers in health care and to staff members looking to further their education.
Members operate the hospital’s gift shop, furnish and maintain the chapel, and work the front desk. They use any funds raised to support patients and staff. The group purchased special pink wheelchairs for patients, raised funds for an EKG machine, and renovated the hospice room and the doctor’s lounge.
This year they paid for half of the cost of a stair stepper for our wellness center as well as a special harness system for physical therapy which will help provide safe ambulation for patients with Parkinson’s and other mobility issues.