Additionally, to help keep our patients safe and lower the risk of COVID-19, the following Texas Health and Human Services directives to visitor restrictions have been implemented:
- Visiting hours are restricted from 9:00a.m. through 9:00p.m, essential visitors staying overnight with patients should plan to arrive before 9:00p.m.
- No minor family members or visitors, ages 17 and under, will be allowed. Patients 17 and under may be accompanied by one adult visitor.
- Only 1 essential visitor¹ per adult patient in hospitals and clinics will be permitted for ER, OB and Surgical.²
- Lab, Radiology, and Respiratory patients will not be allowed visitors.
- Health screening procedures are required for all visitors, even in circumstances where a visitor is allowed by exception.
¹Essential visitors include government personnel; one designated caregiver acting on the patient’s behalf, such as a parent of a minor or a legally authorized representative; patient family members no more than one at a time; clergy members authorized by the hospital.
²Case specific exceptions may be made for additional family members of patients at the end of life or presenting at the emergency department, subject to hospital policy.
We know these restrictions may be difficult for our patients and their loved ones, and we appreciate your support as we take these necessary steps to protect our patients.